Wednesday, September 11, 2013

On Display, Two Upcoming Shows in Louisville

 Unforeseen Visions: Untitled, #12

Two events coming up in the near future to check out. One serious event is the Louisville Photo Biennial. It is a month-long series described as "Louisville's premier photographic festival." I really encourage you to attend at least one of the events. There are shows, lectures, and more throughout the month of October focusing on three topics: Exchange/Generation, People, and Historic Processes. I was invited by Lee Ann Paynter to participate in a group show at Spot5 Art Center titled Process : Effect : Reconsider. It will feature seven regional photo faculty including myself, Lee Ann, Doreen Maloney, Ruth Adams, Rob Dickes, Keith Barker, and Rob Sewell.

Our show will be on display September 23–November 2 at Spot5 Art Center, 2005 Frankfort Ave, Louisville, KY. There will be receptions on October 4, 6:00–9:00 PM and October 25, 6:00–9:00 PM. I will be showing some of my old botanical mordançage work, Unforeseen Visions, to go along with the theme of historical processes.

Snowy Morning, BMW GS, Cincinnati, OH

In addition, I'll have a photograph on display this weekend in Louisville as part of the inaugural Kentucky Kick Down motorcycle show. There are all sorts of things happening, including a bike show, pool tournament, vendors, bike ride, and more. I'm planning to ride up with my old buddy Brian to check it out and see what sort of trouble we can get into. Granted, my sort of trouble is typically quite modest and reserved. If you're there, look for my photo at either The Monkey Wrench or The Barret Bar (age permitting). Should be interesting.

No comments: