Employer: James W. Stuckert Career Center
Title: Graphic Design Intern
Description: The Graphic Design intern will be responsible for the visual design of brochures, web graphics, advertisements, newsletters, posters, and other publications for the James W. Stuckert Career Center. Projects range from modifying existing artwork to conceptualizing and designing from concept to completion. Must be able to prioritize work requests based on needs, job requirements, etc... The intern will experience the pressure of deadlines, the importance of time management, and the satisfaction completing graphic design work that is visually appealing and supporting valuable services. The intern is encouraged to share ideas and take an active role in the marketing team.
Qualifications include previous scholastic and/or freelance graphic design experience required and a passion and enthusiasm for quality work and continuous improvement, strong written and verbal communication skills. Students with strong desire to learn and grow as well as who have a strong work ethic should apply, if minimum qualifications are lacking. Working knowledge of PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Adobe Illustrator CS5, InDesign, Photoshop, Flash, and/or Acrobat strongly desired.
The successful candidate will have:
* Demonstrated graphic design skills
* Creativity, enthusiasm and excellent problem-solving skills
* An eye for detail
* Strong interpersonal communication skills
* A positive, team-player attitude
* Computers and/or technology savvy
* Ability to effectively manage time and meet project deadlines
* Experience with PowerPoint, Publisher, and Adobe products such as Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design software
* Experience with HTML a plus
All majors considered, but majors related to art or design with knowledge of graphic design software, and individuals with prior related experience preferred. Special attention given to students who have a passion to work in this area.