Friday, September 24, 2010

Opportunities: Art, Poetry, and Jewelry

Some great opportunities to get involved! Interested? Contact: education@headley-whitney.org

October 2- 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. I am doing a community arts activity - “A Drive-Thru Art Show” at the Spot Light Festival (Triangle Park). I need volunteers to help supervise as the kids paint on banners that will eventually be hung downtown. I also need help getting the participants to answer a question about art, document their answer and take their picture. October 16- 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. Museum Go Round. I will be offering a free children’s activity at museum go round (downtown). Volunteers will assist children in making a craft.October 22, 28 and 29- Isaac Murphy- Everybody reads project 10 a.m. – 1ish. I am working with 3rd, 4th and 5th graders from Booker T. Washington. The children will be coming out to the Museum for visual and literary arts activities. I need a few volunteers to assist myself and another leader in conducting the activities. October 30- Fall Festival- 1 p.m. - 4.pm. We are having a fall festival on the Museum ground that is free to the public. Activities include a Trunk-or-Treat, face painting, pumpkin bedazzling, bean bag toss, costume contests and much more. We would love any volunteers to help with set up, helping run a particular activity during the festival and break down. If you are available for all or any of the time let me know. November 6, 13 & 20- Jewelry Workshops- 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. I will be teaching jewelry workshops to 15 and older (usually adults) If you consider yourself any bit crafty then this is for you! I will teach you the projects (they are simple, I promise) and then you will teach a group of about 6 on the day of the workshop.- you get to take home your projects from the practice day and the day of the workshop- about $40 of jewelry!

No comments: