Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Face Off

So, I am not one to blog about a TV show and actually not really into watching it.  In fact, I don't even own a TV any more.  BUT I recently came across a show on Syfy -- yes, I said Syfy -- called Face Off.  It is pretty awesome.

From make-up application to sculpting foam, these competitors are given a challenge each week to create movie make-up magic.  This show gives you the behind the scenes of creating these amazing cinematic creatures.  Who knew it took so much to turn a plain Tom into a bizarre giant with a face growing out of his back.  And these people have just DAYS to do so from conception to completion.

Needless today, this won't be on my 'I have to watch every episode' list; but it is pretty awesome to watch these guys hone their craft, imagine what you would do, and to add special effects to your list of jobs out of school -- it is up there.



Face Off - Episode # 1 / Part 1 by FaceOffx

No comments: