Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Three Art Events: Stations of the Cross, Gallery Hop, LAL Spring CSA

As the semester winds down, art events and happening continue to be in full swing. If you're looking for a few opportunities to be involved, here are three coming up in the near future.

Stations of the Cross Pilgrimage (tonight!)
There will be a walk this evening beginning at First Presbyterian Church in downtown Lexington at 6:30 tonight that will travel across town to Good Shepherd Episcopal Church. I and group of other local artists have installed artworks to accompany the 14 Stations of the Cross as part of Holy Week. The project has been spearheaded by Mark Davis of First Pres and Brian Cole of Good Shepherd, along with Becky Alley of the Lexington Art League. For my part, I was responsible for Station IV, Jesus is denied by Peter (pictured below, located at the corner of Spruce and 2nd streets).


Link to the map of the walk:


Gallery Hop (Friday)
Come out this Friday to enjoy and celebrate the work of regional artists during the semester's last Gallery Hop in downtown Lexington. It runs from about 5–8 PM and includes a variety of venues. I always enjoy visiting Mary Rezny, Ann Tower, and the Bread Box. Mary will be featuring The Art of Structure (image below).


Lexington Art League Spring CSA (next Friday, April 25)
LAL will be holding its 3rd CSA Harvest Party. This is a Community Supported Art project that allows anyone to purchase a share of artwork from 9 featured regional artists. (Daniel and I were featured in the first and second harvests last summer and fall.) The event will be from 6–9 at the Loudon House and will included food, music, and a ART!




1 comment:

Earl Grey said...

I'm sorry that I missed the opening of the stations. I completely put it on the wrong day in my calendar — which is ridiculous given that it celebrates Easter. I hope to check out the project though. Lots of great, local art events this week and next. Enjoy, everyone!