Thursday, June 30, 2011

Study Abroad in London: December 26-January 8, 2012

Welcome back to Boris! As any follower of our blog knows, our department encourages students to study abroad for a short-term or longer stay. Studying abroad is a fantastic way to learn about another culture and experience art, museums, and so much more.

Travel to London and take in some other sites and sights with Earl Gray (aka Dr. Decker). I've written about this previously. Click here for full post. And, if you need a visual, here's a gentle nudge. . .

The spa at Bath is fantastic, year-round. Here I am sipping that Spa Water!

For more information, see the
CCSA website. The name of the course I will teach is "The Making of the Modern Museum." Together, we'll investigate the history of museums, moving beyond the white walls of the art museum and making visits museums and collections daily, including the British Museum, Tate Museums, as well as site possible visits to Stonehenge, Bath, Oxford and Brighton (site visits will vary based upon what's on view and what I can arrange).

At some point during the first two weeks of classes, I'll hold a meeting about the trip for any interested students. Consider coming to the meeting. And, if you're really interested, know that you can save $100 by making a deposit early. Feel free to email me or comment below with any questions. Or, talk to GC students who took this trip in 2009-10. You'll hear from them, first-hand about the experience!


4 comments:

Boris Zakic said...

Just flew through London this week. London's hopping in anticipation of the Olympics 2012, too. Go Wenlock and Mandeville! Should be fun--

Sister Thorn said...

If anyone has any questions I will help answer them, and I look forward to seeing everyone when you guys come over!!!

Earl Grey said...

Thanks, Cortney. Perhaps we should Skype you in for part of that meeting in the Fall.

Take care and let me know when you're in town again!

Sister Thorn said...

Of course, Just let me know when the meeting will be and I will make myself available!