Minimum Salary $ 30,274, additional salary commensurate with education and experience
12 months , permanent, staff, full-time
University of South Carolina Upstate - Department of Fine Arts and Communication Studies
USC Upstate - Spartanburg, South Carolina • www.uscupstate.edu
Open until filled Applicants ARE REQUIRED to apply online at:https://uscjobs.sc.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1307877484193
The box Office and Gallery Manager will serve under the direct leadership of both the Gallery Director and Theatre Manager and will provide overall management of the daily operations necessary to maintain a viable Art Gallery and Theatre box office. All of the money facets are encompassed by but not limited to: fiscal oversight/management, accountability, assessment, record keeping, processing procurements, hiring, training and managing student assistants, promotions/publicity, programming, publications, electronic and digital media, maintenance, public relations, scheduling, grant writing, special events, installation of exhibits, disassembly. Other duties as assigned.
1. Overall daily management of box office, Art Gallery, telecommunications system, and general upkeep of facilities and furnishings.
2. Undertake all tasks associated with the complete programming schedule of all gallery, events, activities and exhibitions including, setting up display exhibits, dis-assembly, lighting, security, delivery, pick up and oversee special events to include receptions, guest lectures, workshops, etc.
3. Overall tasks related to initiating, printing, organizing, and distribution of tickets for all events.
4. Job tasks related to the collection, documentation, depositing and safeguarding of all revenue.
5. Job Tasks related to assembling, assessment, documenting and maintaining meticulous records of all events, activities, and programs to include a viable archive of all gallery exhibitions and theatre productions with supporting materials plus the upkeep and maintenance of all databases and mailing directories.
6. Job Tasks related to responsibility of hiring, training, scheduling and managing student workers (ushers, ticket agents).
7. Oversight and recording of Theatre laboratory.
8. Develop all forms of publicity and promotions including but not limited to: bulletin boards, marquee, brochures, signage, writing press releases, designing and executing print and promotional materials for publication, electronic media and digital distribution in accordance with university regulations.
9. Prepare and execute a variety of procurement documents, contracts, fee processing, hiring and payroll documents in accordance with state regulations.
10. Upkeep and maintenance of Upstate's permanent art collection, and outdoor monumental sculpture.
11. Manage and monitor all annual gallery and theatre schedule of events.
12. Develop and write grants in support of the Gallery.
A bachelor's degree in Art, Art History, Art Education, Theater or Arts Management preferred with 2 year's minimum relevant experience either in gallery, theatre, museum or curatorial activities. Must have excellent inter-personal and organizational skills, articulate, punctual, reliable, maintain meticulous records, meet deadlines. Manage all aspects of fiscal management, (cash, credit card, etc.) and have cash flow experience. Excellent Technology skills are required. The ability to assist the general public, faculty, staff and students plus the ability to work effectively and make decisions somewhat independently.