Monday, November 28, 2011

schiele much?

                I have a been a long time fan of the work of Egon Schiele, ever since I had to copy his drawings in my freshman year of college. I came across the work of Adara Sanchez Anguiano and the series of drawings entitled "take your clothes off".  It was an immediate kind of look that you cannot copy and just pretend it is not there. And with no text accompanying the work I was left to think of this as an obvious plagaristic unoriginal action.  I understand a difference in concept, content, and context but it was just a sad day when someone takes something and doesn't make it their own in such a blatant way without acknowledging it. 
Adara Sanchez Anguiano

Egon Schiele

Egon Schiele

Egon Schiele

Egon Schiele

Adara Sanchez Anguiano

Adara Sanchez Anguiano

No comments: