Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Opportunity: Sojourn Arts & Culture Residency Program
The vision of Sojourn Arts & Culture’s Residency Program is to disciple and equip artists through an intensive season of community-based creative work.
We offer a 3 month program (June-August) and a 9 month program (September-May) for up to four makers.
Artists of all kinds (visual, music, writing, etc.) are invited to apply, though a preference toward visual artists will exist due to the kind of resources we have to offer.
Residencies will be awarded by Mike Cosper and Michael Winters based upon the (1) artist’s previous work, (2) proposed work, (3) written statement reflecting the artist’s relationship to Christ and the church, and (4) ability to commit the appropriate time.
DEADLINE FOR SUMMER 2013 APPLICATION: May 10, 2013
DEADLINE FOR 9 MONTH PROGRAM BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 2013: July 1, 2013
Applicants may apply to both seasons.
Sojourn will offer residents:
- studio space to work in the 930 Mary St. facility (3rd floor classroom), plus access to woodshop, framing equipment, photo darkroom
- keyed access to the studio space
- monthly group dinners
- an exhibit at the end of their residency sharing and celebrating the new work publicly.
- note: Housing is not included in this residency. We are hoping to add that benefit in the future, but we are not able to at this time.
Residents will commit to:
- a minimum of 15 hours per week studio time
- regular participation in monthly dinners
- completion of a public workshop, class, or community project during the residency
- an interview with photographs to be published online
- a finished artwork of their choosing donated to Sojourn at the end of the residency
- abiding by basic rules regarding space-sharing etiquette and hours of entry
- participation in a liturgical art project for Sojourn (9 month program only)
If you have any questions, contact us.
Or, if you’re ready to apply, click the appropriate link below -
Sojourn Arts & Culture Residency Application – Summer 2013
Sojourn Arts & Culture Residency Application – Fall 2013 – Spring 2014