The Contemporary Arts Center (CAC), New Orleans' premier venue for contemporary arts, seeks an energetic individual to provide leadership and creative direction for its visual arts program. We're looking for a dynamic, visionary curator who has the desire and ability to take an already highly-regarded visual arts program to the next level of innovation and impact not only locally, but also nationally and internationally. See full posting at: http://www.cacno.org/about/jobs.html
- BA degree in a Visual Arts field.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a curator in a visual arts institution of note and/or independent curator of notable exhibitions.
- Extensive background in, and knowledge of, contemporary art.
- Knowledge of best practices of contemporary art museums and arts centers.
- Demonstrated leadership and management ability.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in partnership with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Commitment to working collaboratively, including artistic and curatorial collaborations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, ability to do public presentations.
- Fiscal responsibility/accountability